The Sea Logistics Operational Care Specialist, Pricing will be joining our Operational Care Team to add to the team's expertise + skills in the delivery of Operational + Customer Excellence.
Your RoleThe Sea Logistics Operational Care Specialist, Pricing is responsible for setting margins for pricing requests, ideally across all trades, taking a variety of elements into consideration (market levels, industry specifics, customer requirements + price sensitivities) while trading off against procurement levels + internal policies to maintain a profitable gross yield.
To maintain + strengthen carrier relationships on operational levels.
To support sea logistics procurement + carrier relation management.
To execute pricing strategies by liaising on pricing + RFQ preparation.
To actively exchange information + knowledge with your team + other stakeholders.
To provide timely responses to rate requests, finding mutual solutions for profit maximization. To set selling prices within given bandwidths as per local conditions + pricing policy.
To direct the organization to book shipments based on carrier agreements or lowest.
To ensure full transparency + sharing of same of current freight rate levels with CCLs.
To support + exchange information with others to gain new, retain + further develop existing accounts.
To get involved + assist business owners with non-standard RFQ-related requests.
To seek out customer feedback to drive improvements.
To ensure that databases are always up to date with most relevant pricing information.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the international freight forwarding industry
- Experience in pricing and carrier management is an advantage
- Have a good understanding of operational financial activities
- Strong Organizational skills and has attention to detail
- Accountable, Results Focus, and passionate about Customer Excellence
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint