Would you like to work for one of the most important Logistics companies in the world? Join our dynamic Sea Logistics team!
Your RoleA Sea Logistics Operational Care Team Expert is part of a team in the Operational Care Center responsible for coordinating transport activities by: - Executing the necessary bookings with our partners (Carriers); - Executing the requisite data entry; - Generating the required documentation and liaising with our Customer Care team to ensure requirements are met. All of these activities are to be performed in compliance with rules and regulations governing sea transport and associated national protocols. They build and maintain a strong partnership with key carriers and vendors.
- To create/ complete shipment details in our internal data management system (Carrier/ Vessel, Item description, etc);
- To coordinate with customer care, haulers and carriers;
- To create files for consolidation container (Master / Single);
- To review and ensure alignment of shipping instructions including clarifying any deviations/conflicts taking country regulations, compliance and rate and routing information into consideration;
- To ensure profit maximization;
- To immediately report problems, operation disputes, or discrepancies to the direct report;
- To monitor the operational performance of carriers and other vendors and escalate/create awareness if performance and commitments are not being delivered - Initiate and resolve any rate discrepancies;
- To work with Customer Care on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from sales to operations;
- To support the Customer Care team in resolving complaints.
Your Skills and Experiences
- High level of attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good communication skills;
- Italian fluent, English intermediate;
- Minimum experience in freight forwarding, preferably sea logistics, is desirable.