Experience what Freight Forwarding is all about through an in-depth understanding of Seafreight Operations.
This internship offers the candidates beyond just a glimpse of what Freight Forwarding is all about. We seek to provide an in-depth understanding of Seafreight Operations, through operational experience on all aspects ranging from customer service, operational coordinations with both external and internal parties, shipment level profitability, including management of in-house systems to complete the A-Z operation management process.
· To go through special-designed trainings (on-line) for introduction and overall view on the understanding of freight forwarding operations.
· Being attached through buddy system and shadow a more senior colleague within the team on the day-to-day operational handling.
· "Hands-on" exposure and experience using in-house software systems, before starting to engage in internal liaisons with relevant parties.
· Providing some basic customer service to clients with the support from fellow team members, towards handling the clients confidently and independently
· Regular catch-up session with respective team supervisor / manager / senior manager for sharing of experience and feedback etc.
Your Skills and Experiences
· Undergraduate in studies relating to Supply Chain & Logistics.
· Highly motivated individual, with a positive attitude to learn.
· Independent learner who is able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Good Reasons to Join
Logistics is a people business and here at Kuehne + Nagel, we believe that genuine, lasting success is possible only through valuing our employees the way we value our customers. We offer the opportunity where you can learn and develop; to grow and perform to your fullest potential within a highly dynamic global work environment.","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2020-09-17T00:00:00.000Z