If you have a high level of attention to details, communicational and organizational skills and believe that you are good at decision making, come and join Kuehne+Nagel's Sea Logistics team as Sea Logistics Export Operational Care!
Your RoleSea Logistics Export Operational Care is responsible for managing the coordination of customer shipments by securing buy rates (when required) and capacity with qualified carriers/partners. Specifically, Sea Logistics Export Operational Care will be part of a team ( Operational Care Centers) responsible for coordinating transport activities by: executing the necessary bookings with our partners, executing the requisite data entry, generating the required documentation , and liaising with our customer care specialists to ensure requirements are met. All of these activities are to be performed in compliance with rules and regulations governing sea transport and associated national protocols.
- Creating and completing shipment details in our internal data management system (Carrier/ Vessel, Item description etc.).
- Coordinating with customer care, haulers and carriers for the export of shipment.
- Creating files for consolidation container.
- Reviewing and insuring alignment of shipping instructions including to clarify any deviations or conflicts taking country regulations, export compliance and rate and routing information into consideration.
- Ensuring profit maximization
- Reporting problems, operation disputes or discrepancies to supervisor, manager, divisional manager or branch manager as soon as possible.
- Monitoring operational performance of carriers and other vendors and escalating or creating awareness if performance and commitments are not being delivered as well as initiating and resolving any rate discrepancies.
- Working with Sales and Customer Care on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from sales to operations
Your Skills and Experiences
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in related fields.
- 2 years of experience in sea logistics and fright forwarding industry is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications and PC skills.
- Excellent analytical, communicational skills, attention to detail.
- Very good spoken and written English is a must.