Come join the Sea Import team in our Dallas branch.
Your RoleThe Import Supervisor will oversee and ensure that the calculation of tariffs and price conversions are correct while converting and verifying shipment weight and volume. Communication by e-mail, telephone and fax with foreign operations and local customers and/or import brokers will be vital, while assisting with the arrangement of transportation and ensures timely delivery of shipments and prompt and accurate documentation and invoicing.
Your Responsibilities• Operational responsibilities: oversees coordination with customer, truckers and shipping lines for the import department. Complete processing of all documentation required including invoicing, certificate of origin and import declaration, if required. Supervise import handling, follow-up, tracking and tracing, problem identification and timely resolution. Ensure the team follows all established procedures. Provide feedback to employees and assist them with difficult task.
• Customer service responsibilities Act as a primary liaison with the customers. Ensure maximum profitability by overseeing cost effective rates negotiation with service providers. Security training classes is a must.
• Monitor, on an ongoing basis, all aspects of the operation in the Import department, including booking, shipments and related paperwork. Act as a resource for the staff assisting when necessary.
• Review information published on KN’s Intranet system daily. Immediately report problems, operation disputes or discrepancies to Department Manager.
• Build close and strong relationship with our customers (internal as well as external).
• Identify areas of our business which require improvements i.e. operations processes, cost control.
• Supervisor is responsible for providing training to new employees as well as evaluating the need of training within the existing staff. Provide feedback to the team member on a regular basis. Assist employees as needed. Comply and enforce company policy.
• Read and work in accordance with Quality Management Work Instructions and Procedures (ISO 9001). Observe and enforce safety rules within the department.
• Great understanding of financial and FSL activities and results
• Employee may also have additional responsibilities in accordance with supporting a specific department(s)/division(s) and/or be tasked with specific, individualized assignments
Your Skills and Experiences• The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years’ work experience in as a Supervisor in freight forwarding; solid knowledge of Imports/Supply Chain
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are required. Ability to delegate and multitask is a must.
• Back Ground in International Business
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Solid knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities and ocean ports along with basic knowledge of U.S. Regulatory Laws
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills
• Work effectively via phone, fax, e-mail. Good planning and organization skills; ability to multitask and be a self-starter
• Ability to supervise, manage and train the Ocean Import Team of agents
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks, must be organized
• Must be detail oriented, thorough and accurate and have the ability to efficiently solve problems with strong PC skills.
• Note: The job responsibilities listed in this form are the standards associated with the performance of the job. This description is not intended and shall not be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all tasks, duties, and /or responsibilities of the position.