Each internship will present a unique opportunity for the intern to learn the field of Supply Chain/Logistics with hands-on work experience. The knowledge obtained by the intern through immersing themselves into the day to day activities of the company will be invaluable experience as the intern advances their career.
Your RoleEach internship will present a unique opportunity for the intern to learn the field of Supply Chain/Logistics with hands-on work experience.
Your Responsibilities• Operational duties to include coordination with shippers, truckers, steamship lines and K+N offices for the export of shipments.
• The complete process of shipment includes arranging for pick-up or inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of lading, K+N invoicing, certificate of origin, export declaration and/or AES, if applicable) forwarding, follow-up with tracking and tracing to final destination and data quality requirement.
• Customer Service responsibilities include maintaining communication with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier and K+N overseas offices throughout the process and choosing proper routing appropriate to the customer's needs.
• Negotiate cost-effective rates with service providers to ensure maximum profitability.
• Maintain SOP (standard operating procedures) and customer profiles including key contacts, special requirements, contract rates and preferred routings/services/carriers.
• Participate in quotes for overseas offices as requested.
• Review information published on K+N's Intranet system daily.
• Immediately report problems, operation disputes or discrepancies to a supervisor, manager, divisional manager or branch manager.
• Read and work in accordance with Quality Management Work Instructions and QHSE procedures (ISO9001).
• Employees may also have additional responsibilities in accordance with supporting a specific department(s)/division(s) and/or be tasked with specific, individualized assignments.
• Resolve issues respective to meeting client requirements, data input - general customer service inquiries related to tracking & tracing.
• Resolve billing discrepancies and discrepancies against client SOP's.
Your Skills and Experiences-Proficient with MS Office, Excel, and have the ability to quickly learn other company specific programs.
-Must possess excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.