Our team in Ohio is looking for a new Operations Supervisor
Your RoleUnder the direction of the Operations Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for all logistics activities in a manner consistent with company service, quality and cost objectives. Position must be filled by US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Your Responsibilities- Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments.
- Verify required inbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted.
- Manage inspection activities according to work requirements.
- Manage inventory put away using ERP and WMS systems.
- Manage picking, storing, staging & deliveries in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity and quality
- Ensure inbound & outbound deliveries are accurate and free of damage.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment.
- Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Maintain product locator system. Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
Rotate product as appropriate.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the required levels of security.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in cycle count inventories.
- Assist Operations Manager in maintaining employee awareness of and compliance to the Kuehne + Nagel Quality, Safety &
Health, Environment, and Security Management Systems, (QSHE).
- Maintain compliance to ISO 9001, AS 9100/9120 Quality Management Systems as applicable and to KN’s QSHE Management
- Assist with internal and external QMS, Compliance, Customer and Operational audits.
- Ensure required training is provided to all employees in support of the QMS according to the Training Matrix.
- Update Work Instructions and Job Aids in support of the QMS.
- Ensure that discrepancies are documented using the appropriate reporting systems (TIPs, eCATS, QN’s)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Overtime and Weekends as needed
- Ability to support business needs of the applicable team, as they apply to attendance, overtime, punctuality, and shift.
Your Skills and ExperiencesEducation Requirements
- High School Degree or above
Skills and Experience
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience in a warehouse environment, one (1) in a supervisory role
- Experience with aerospace industry standards and requirements a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 and AS 9100/9120 Quality Management Systems a plus
- Successful communication - written and verbal
- Establish priorities and multi-task
- Possess professional business demeanor
- Experience with personal computers and materials handling equipment