We are looking for an experienced individual to join the Kuehne Nagel team as Operational Key Account Manager in Vancouver. If you love interacting with people, are customer oriented and have operational experience in the logistics industry, this could be an right opportunity for you.
Your RoleThe Key Account Manager plays an important role to ensure customer satisfaction,client development and retention long term. This role will be involved in proactive communication between all stakeholders ensuring that our clients are satisfied and deviations are addressed and rectified as soon as possible. This role will be required to manage, facilitate, and build great interpersonal relationships on multiple levels for all assigned accounts is vital for longterm success.
Your ResponsibilitiesMain Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive operational excellence for assigned account(s) and continuously monitor and improve the quality and consistency of service delivery and data quality.
• Take a pro-active approach and drive the process forward toward improved customer loyalty through improved customer experience.
• Ensure that the right and commercially responsible processes have been implemented across all operationally involved departments.
• Work closely with the Customer Service and Operational teams within all Business Units as well as GKAM and other stakeholders.
• Review KN and Customer processes and updating of SOP/MOP where required – take ownership of SOP/MOP including maintenance and updates.
• Create and manage various reports as required by the client and KN operations.
• Take ownership of and continuously manage SOP, MOP to ensure they reflect the customer requirements, that they are carried out accordingly and that all the people who need to know, have the latest information on hand and are appropriately trained.
• Generate and manage relevant customer specific reports; initiate and manage the root cause analysis process for all non compliances reflecting either data performance issues or operational failures and initiate, monitor and lead the necessary corrective actions.
• Conduct regular performance and business reviews internally with KN Operations and externally with the customers including QBR and Annual Review.
• Provide training to all operational staff related to the business requirements of the account(s).
• Second level escalation point for assigned accounts (first level is CCR team(s).
• Reporting to the respective BU manager (Sea Logistics / Air Logistics / Road Logistics / etc).
• Ensure Company KPI's and data quality are met.
• Manage, facilitate, and build great interpersonal relationships on multiple levels for all assigned accounts.
• Drive pro-active communication between all KN stations involved.
• Drive continues improvements on all levels.
• Additional duties that may be assigned to you from time to time by the Company.
Your Skills and Experiences
• 3-5 years operational experience in Logistics & Transportation
- Sound knowledge of ocean, air, road logistics and customs
- Sound knowledge of incoterms
- Project management experience
- Order management experience
- Experience in reading / writing SOP's
- Highly proficient in MS Office / fully computer literate
Degree / Diploma in International Business, Trade, Logistics is preferred
Undergraduate degree in logistics or related business fields
CIFFA certificate is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work successfully under pressure and within given deadlines / excellent time management skills
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Highly analytical, process driven, and detail oriented
- Must be customer oriented and be able to create solutions to meet customer needs
- High degree of organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Pro-Active and positive attitude
This job is not eligible for international relocation support or work permit sponsorship.
Kuehne+Nagel Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.