We are looking for a top notch Pricing Analyst to join our Road Logistics Team based in Mississauga, Toronto
Reporting to the National Manager of Road Logistics Operations, the national pricing analyst will be responsible for reviewing and responding to customer pricing requirements, supplying pricing proposals that create innovative and cost effective solutions to our customers.
• Plan and process all customer rate requests; Requests for proposal (RFP) and request for quote (RFQ) to ensure completion accurately and within critical deadlines.
• Strategically buy, price and prepare freight quotes and RFP responses for customer requests.
• Build and maintain effective cost rates that are consistent with both corporate goals and operational needs.
• Participate in sourcing carriers and partners for new and existing businesses.
• Effectively present and discuss pricing solutions with clients and operations.
• Ensure selected carriers and vendors are compliant with KN QSHE guidelines.
• Support the hand off and implementation process to operations for newly awarded business.
• Support operations to review lanes and provide additional options for coverage.
• Respond to pricing requests on time and have the ability to provide decision making details to internal customers.
• Provide daily support to internal customers utilizing our data and models to make pricing recommendations accordingly.
• Maintain a high level of awareness both nationally and regionally for the North American carrier network, including relative lane costs, capacity and key trade lanes.
• Analyze current market trends, conditions, forecasted economic information and customer pricing for opportunities to increase rates, optimize network and maximize profitability.
• Keep up to date on market conditions that may impact performance and finances.
• Design and implement performance indicators and statistics that allow the measurement of processed quotes, turnaround times and win rates.
• Ensure all activities are executed with KN code of conduct guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned by the company
Your Skills and Experiences
Professional Experience :
Minimum two (2) years experience in pricing/transportation/logistics.
Knowledge required :
North American Transportation Industry, Customer Service
Education required :
Preferred but not required: College Diploma or University Degree in International Trade or Supply Chain Management. Business Management, Business Finance.
Skills required :
Strong analytical skills; ability to adapt to constantly changing market and company needs; strong computer skills including a thorough understanding of Excel, Word, Power Point
Understanding of and ability to utilize specialized pricing rater programs and other pricing tools like Load Link, PC Miller and load boards preferred.
Proven Initiative; stress tolerance and ability to handle changing priorities and tight deadlines; strong interpersonal skills; effective written and oral communication skills; self starter/self motivated; needing little or no direct supervision; ability to plan and organize.
Good Reasons to Join
Multinational Company with excellent opportunities to grow into a leadership role.","industry":"Logistics