Our branch in Memphis is in search for a new Logistics Coordinator!
Your RoleA fast growing 3rd Party Logistics company needs a Logistics Coordinator to manage various activities within the supply chain to help reduce cost and improve service to their customers.
Your Responsibilities• Work directly with carriers (dry van, flat bed, & temp control) to ensure that loads are picked up and delivered on time
• Utilize optimization software to help plan loads and select the least cost mode (TL vs. LTL vs. Pool Distribution)
• Serve as a liaison between the shipper and carrier to provide tactical solutions that improve the daily operations and processes
• Identify trends through Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and provide solutions for cost reduction or service improvement
• Resolve discrepancies on freight bills (electronic and paper) and determine root cause and corrective action
• Monitor shipments in transit and identify and resolve issues
Your Skills and Experiences• Bachelor’s degree in Transportation or Logistics (preferred, but not required)
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills
• A team player who can work effectively with all levels of an organization
• Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office suite
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills