Job Title: LGV C+E driver
Location: Milton Keynes
The Waitrose Contract has two sites based in Milton Keynes; Brinklow - a temperature controlled operation servicing branches in the Midlands, East Anglia and Northern Home Counties and the NDC - an ambient slow moving operation serving all of Waitrose Branches in the UK. In addition there is a frozen food operation (FNDC) at Reading servicing all of the Waitrose Branches. The Contract is a dynamic, pressurised 24/7 environment providing superior value by having the right stock in the right place at the right time delivered with pride at the right cost.
To effectively deliver to customer delivery points and be responsible for Safe and Legal compliance.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Ensure that quality, Health & Safety, HACCP and Environment standards are maintained to the company standard. Ensure compliance to the quality systems, industry standards and legal requirements.
· Ensure that all store and non-store delivery procedures are followed in line with company and customer procedures – measured by non-compliance reporting
· Ensure that their Digital Driver Card is carried at all times and that the card is downloaded daily – measured by regular reporting
· Legal compliance in regards to EU Drivers Regulations, Working Time Directive Legislation and Operators Licence – measured by regular internal and external auditing.
· Report vehicle or trailer defects and ensure that the defect is documented – measured by VMU reports
· Ensure all Company documentation and equipment is returned to the transport office daily. Responsible for the security of the vehicle, trailer and load at all times.
· Full inspection of the vehicle trailer in the fridge operation pre and post departure followed by drivers check sheet completion
· Ensure that operational and customer requirements are met in honest, reliable and professional manner at all times in accordance with KN policies and procedures.
· Communication to the transport department regarding day to day operation duties and customer requirements.
· The role accountabilities are measurable under regular review.
Your skills and experience
· Proven basic maths & English skills GCSE grade D and above
· Customer & Retail delivery experience in a food environment preferable.
· Customer Focus/Team Player/Leadership
· Full European Licence /Drivers CPC
· Share enthusiasm for our business - respectful and accountable, high level of self and team.
Good Reasons to Join
Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan.
Route 2 Rewards.
Please apply at: https://external.kuehne-nagel.careers/home but if you any questions please contact us directly at:
With more than 79,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>