Job Title: Legal Counsel
Vacancy Number: GB08809
What we're looking for
It's an exciting time to join Kuehne + Nagel due to year on year growth,with yet more ambitious growth plans in the UK over the next 5 years. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor (PQE 1-4 years) to join our team at Head Office based in Uxbridge.
As a qualified solicitor (with ideally a Corporate or Commercial background), your role will be to support the Kuehne+Nagel (KN) businesses to enable sound business decisions by providing advice on legal principles and procedures relating to a wide range of legal and commercial issues. Our Legal team ensures that the business is compliant with all laws and legal obligations and all our contracts are in compliance with KN corporate guidelines and all KN governance processes are followed.
What you'll do
· Review and provide advice on legal and commercial issues in new contracts with customers and suppliers – Assessing the risks within contracts and whether such risks are reasonable and within corporate guidelines. Communicate these risks to ensure that they are understood
· Assist in negotiating new contracts with customers and/or suppliers - make decisions on the acceptability or otherwise of legal and commercial risks, devise and present strategies to customers which result in customers agreeing to legal and commercial risks
· Ensure KN is run in accordance with KN's Corporate Governance policies and procedures and interpreting of laws and regulations and providing advice on the impact of such laws and regulations on the KN Business
· Provide interpretation and advice of existing contracts where disputes have arisen. Advise on strategies for effective dispute resolution - on the legal merits of an actual or potential claim, what legal remedies are available to resolve the dispute and the merits or otherwise of the various option. This will involve working internally to understand who is best placed to provide information/advice relating to an issue and then co-ordinating this information in negotiations with customers/suppliers
· Dealing with claims issued against KN. This includes assessing the merits or otherwise of the claim and providing advice on how to deal with the claim to ensure the best possible result for KN
· Providing general legal advice to all areas of the business which can include advising on employment, IT, procurement
· Where there are changes in law, understand what
implications the change will have on the KN business and provide advice to the
business prior to the law becoming effective to enable the changes required in
order to comply with new laws/legislation.
What you'll bring
· Qualified Solicitor (PQE 1-4 years) in Corporate / Commercial law ideally
· Experience of a broad range of commercial transactions and legal matters preferably with experience of cross border and international transactions
· Knowledge of the logistics industry is preferable with an ability to provide commercially focussed advice and solutions
· Experience of dealing with outsourcing transactions including agreements dealing with transfer of assets, key performance indicators and the transfer of employees through the application of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006
· Ideally, experience of dealing with freight forwarding (sea freight, air freight, overland, integrated logistics and multimodal) as well as a good working knowledge of all the international conventions and standard trading conditions
· Ability to communicate effectively and confidently across broad functional and organisational lines. Ability to build strong client Relationships, gain the trust and confidence of clients and to work independently
What you'll get
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. What we will provide includes:
· Competitive salary and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Company car / allowance and discretionary bonus of up to 15% of base salary
· Company induction and training and discounts of hundreds or household names and brands
· Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan (up to 5% employer contribution), private health insurance and free life assurance ( 3 x salary)
Why not find out more about Kuehne + Nagel, visit us at www.kuehne-nagel.com ?
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>