Logistics Control Centre Transport Planner
What we're looking for
The Logistics Control Centre (LCC)Transport Planner executes first class services (e.g. transport management and requests & deviation management) according to joint and contractual agreements made with our customers. Working between 14.00 and 22.30, this role will be performed in the LCC (Logistics Control Centre) based at Donnington, coordinating shipments on behalf of our key customers within the LCC.
As an expert in your field, this position requires you to execute a first class service, ensuring the daily execution of in scope services and interacting with the relevant stakeholders and customers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the World's leading and most recognisable logistics organisations. The Integrated Logistics business function is an integral component to our continued success and it is our people that ultimately make this happen. If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise.
What you'll do
· Coordinate transport services for customer orders, using Oracle Transport Management system
· Schedule and create cost effective transport plans, making optimum use of own fleet of vehicles versus sub-contractor haulage
· Agree with logistics service providers to ensure on-time pick-up and delivery service in full
· Select transport modes, logistics service providers, considering the agreed selection parameters
· Manage ad-hoc transport requests and adjustments
· Organise special transport requests
· Manage drivers' daily schedules to maximise productivity and ensure costs are controlled
· Be the first line of support to queries
What you'll need
· Experience in various Transport modes desirable as is experience of Transport Management Systems
· Good proficiency in full suite of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
· Flexible working approach (including shift patterns such as weekend and out of hours cover). This role will be working a shift between 14:00 and 22:00.
· Ability to understand and execute new processes and an ability to adapt to changing and evolving customer requirements
· Confidence in working with accounts and figures
· Ability to fulfil time-critical tasks, keep to schedules and deadlines
· Undergo security vetting in accordance with government policies
What you'll get
· Competitive salary and 23 days holiday plus public holidays
· Company induction & training as well as on-going training & development, including the opportunity to gain professional qualifications
· Discounts off hundreds of household names and brands
· Free car parking
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
Why not find out more about Kuehne + Nagel, visit us at www.kuehne-nagel.com
With more than 78,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>