Start your business controlling journey at Kuehne+Nagel in Contern, Luxembourg!
Your RoleYour responsibilities as a Business Controller would be to work closely with the business and to support our Contract Logistics Business Unit in Contern, Luxembourg.
- Pro-actively support the business with financial and operational analysis;
- Discuss improvements with various stakeholders in order to increase the profitability and productivity;
- Challenge & defend business cases to justify investments;
- Analyze, challenge & validate (new) customer contracts;
- Responsible for month and year end closing;
- Responsible for the quarterly forecasting & yearly budgeting process of the branch;
- Liaison with Head Office accounting department, ensuring all queries are promptly solved;
- Other ad-hoc tasks, as required.
Your Skills and Experiences
- University degree in Finance; first professional experience in finance, accounting or auditing is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Comprehension of different costing systems (standard costing, ABC,…);
- Strong ability with MS office;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English; proficiency in German is an advantage;
- Solid personality to challenge data, ensure correct understanding, come to an opinion and present the result of the analysis in an independent way;
- Strongly business orientated;
- Strike the balance between the details and the essence, ability to synthetize, structured approach.