Job Title: Java Developer (SwiftLOG)
We are looking for 2 experienced Java Developers to work on an exciting modernisation project to upgrade our current worldwide operational system - based from our Nottingham office on a permanent basis.
As a member of an Agile (Scrum) development team you will integrate and extend our global Warehouse Management System (WMS) platform into the existing Kuehne +Nagel application landscape. This new system is a replacement for the current worldwide operational system with a vision to upgrade hundreds of fulfilment centres across the world from an existing IBM mainframe system into more cutting edge scalable Java platform .
The successful candidate will have commercial experience of Java 8, specifically micro-service architecture and an Agile philosophy with a passion for writing self-testable, readable and maintainable code - Developers on this team will also be able to explore new technologies, such as Angular 2 and Netflix stack for micro-services with services like Eureka, Zuul, Ribbon and Feign.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· System design within agreed timescales
· Agile development
· Delivery of software within agreed timescales
· Creation and running of Unit tests
· Work in close collaboration with various Kuehne + Nagel teams and stakeholders
· System Documentation
· Following of Agile/Scrum Principles
Your skills and experience
· Experience of Agile Development, Web Development / Angular experience
· Java, Spring, JPA, Integration, Micro-services
· JUnit/Cucumber/Mockito(or similar) testing
· Docker/ Nexus / SQL / Spring Boot
· Experience of other programming languages would be desirable as would a university degree in a software related discipline
· Innovative flair with ability to use own initiative as well as both task and goal orientated with a proactive approach. You will also have the ability to pick up new technologies with ease
· Mobile and flexible (some European travel may be involved, UK travel is essential)
Good reasons to join
In return for your hard work and commitment, we will offer a very Competitive salary, 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays and training & development (including the opportunity to gain professional qualifications). We can also offer Private health care, free Life Assurance and discounts off hundreds of household names and brands through our Routes to Rewards scheme.
With more than 79,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>