We are looking for a talented Inventory Control Specialist at our Distribution Center in Mississauga for an immediate entry.
Your RoleThe position is accountable for continuously monitoring inventory accuracy, investigating root causes of inventory discrepancies, and leading physical inventory periodically.
• Perform warehouse duties using equipment (Forklift, Raymond Reach, Reverse);
• Investigating and identifying the root cause of inventory variances;
• Managing physical inventory counts on short timelines;
• Perform physical inventory procedures and cycle counts;
• Maintain Over Short & Damage (OS&D) program;
• Processing claims and warehouse transfers;
• Inspecting and correcting Inventory Diagnostics;
• Client exit and deletion procedures;
• Entry and release of the count plans within the Warehouse Management System;
• Picking support for stock outages, incorrect articles, and damage goods found during processing;
• Transactions balance over and under location discrepancies within the Warehouse Management System;
• Identifies nonconformities and potential nonconformities;
• Article maintenance and set up;
• Direct customer interaction to resolve issues;
• Comply with GMP requirements as applicable to ensure that all
quality and regulatory requirements of Health Canada and other
applicable authorities and client requirements are met.
• Any other duties as assigned
Your Skills and Experiences
Professional experience required:
1-3 years’ experience in inventory control with the contract logistics field.
• Operational, clerical and/or administrative experience relative to freight traffic;
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
• Good planning and organization skills; ability to multitask and be a self-starter;
• Ability to maintain focus work on multiple projects and deadlines;
• Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) certificate is considered an asset; CIFFA I + II certificates is considered an asset;
• Advanced computer skills, including full proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced Excel).
• College diploma or University degree in business is preferred;
- Proactive and customer focused, Import Customer Service experience an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective presentation and customer relations skills, with excellent listening skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Goal oriented, self-disciplined, and self-motivated to produce results
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
We do not offer work permit sponsorship or relocation support for this role.
Kuehne+Nagel Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.","industry":"Logistics