We are looking for an Intermodal Transport Planner to join our freight operations in Birmingham. Do you have experience in transport planning and want to work for a global organisation with excellent career opportunities then this could be the role for you.
The role of Intermodel Transport Planner will focus on operational planning of UK container transport requirements utilising the most cost efficient routing whilst ensuring we deliver excellent service to our customers.
· Planning of Import and Export moves utilising TOPS system.
· Ensure all transport orders are generated and sent to the appropriate vendors, based on road and rail, named account agreements, best cost option, restitution considerations and supplier allocations.
· Support KN branches with operational advice and assistance as required.
· Ensuring that the required levels of operational service and communication are maintained for nominated clients.
· Ensure that completed transport orders are correctly rated and aligned to customer and supplier’s agreements, ensuring that any additional costs have been captured and verified as correct.
· Additional charge notifications to be processed and issued to Sea freight branches within 24 hours of receipt.
· Email correspondence to be prioritised and actioned promptly.
· Accounts queries to be resolved within 48 hours of receipt.
Your Skills and Experiences
· Good industry knowledge of UK container transport operations covering both road and rail operations.
· Previous experience of working within transport planning operations
· Good understanding of the UK geography
· Working knowledge of the governing UK transport laws and regulations.
· Good working knowledge of TOPS
· Understanding of KN Systems preferable
· Strong organisational skills
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office – specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary and 23 days holiday plus bank holidays and life assurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.","industry":"Logistics