We are looking for experienced General Labour Professionals to join our team!
Your RoleThe General Labour will support various duties including receiving, picking, packing and shipping of customer orders. This position may involve the use of RF scanners and different warehouse management systems.
- Follows standard warehouse practices and work instructions required to maintain high levels of inventory and location accuracy. Documents and identifies all discrepancies to the warehouse supervisor or team lead;
- Accurately complete routine documentation, such as pick sheets, manifests, and unload lists;
- Perform a variety of physically demanding general labor duties according to standard work instructions, such as manually loading and unloading goods from a trailer;
- Demonstrates accuracy and efficiency in the execution of standard warehousing processes such as receiving, picking, packing, shipping, checking and loading customer orders and products;
- Participates in process-specific training and adheres to all work instructions and guidelines established by Kuehne+Nagel to comply with regulatory standards such as ISO and GXP;
- Demonstrates and maintains a skill set capable of operating a variety of equipment used in a traditional warehouse environment. Examples include but are not limited to: scanners, computers, scales, pallet jacks and a variety of motorized material handling equipment such as forklifts, clamps, power jacks, walkies and reach trucks;
- Demonstrates and maintains professional interpersonal skills when dealing with internal and external personnel;
- Follows all company safety, security and housekeeping protocols. Respects; customers, company, property and equipment;
- Proactive in accident & incident prevention; complete applicable reports promptly and accurately when required;
- Other duties as assigned to you from time to time by the company.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Minimum 1-3 years of warehouse experience and material handling equipment experience (ex. Counter balance, Raymond Reach, power jacks, etc.);
- Valid license pertaining to material handling equipment;
- Excellent communication in English (verbal and written);
- Proven ability to work well both independently and as part of a team required;
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail and safety regulations within business unit.