Our branch in Washington DC (Dulles, VA) is in search for an experienced security professional to be part of their Air Logistics team as a Facility Security Officer.
KN Special Logistics, inc. is looking for an experienced Facility Security Officer (FSO) who will be responsible for supervising and directing security measures necessary for implementing the requirements of our Security Procedure Manual in accordance with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) procedures. This position will also provide support to Kuehne-Nagel Inc.’s corporate security and compliance entities in order to build a company-wide continuous monitoring model in accordance with the DCSA guidelines.
• Improve and maintain the Security Program in coordination with corporate leadership and business functions.
• Monitor and evaluate Personnel processing to include initial security clearances, re-investigations and fingerprinting
• Serve in the document control officer capacity to include processing incoming/outgoing shipments, assisting with document transfers, and inventory
• Access control administration as needed to include management of access control lists for DoD areas
• Conduct security trainings, briefings, and debriefings, locally as well as nationally
• Primary administrator for closed area combinations to include combination changing and list management
• Provide guidance and instructions to all employees to ensure any event, circumstance, or act that could be considered a breach of security is reported immediately
• Perform escort duties as required
• Provide security support to Human Resources, Security, Compliance, and Sales teams
Your Skills and Experiences
• A bachelor's degree with one to three (1-3) years of related experience in defense contracting or government security compliance. Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience reading and interpreting the NISPOM
• Must have DCSA CDSE FSO Training curricula & certification for possessing facilities.
• Must have experience with and understanding of DOD security clearance processing systems: DISS, NISS, JPAS, e-QIP, SWIFT.
• Excellent communication and customer relations skills
• Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Security Clearance Requirement:
Must meet eligibility requirements, active SECRET Clearance
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.","industry":"Logistics