Join us in Contern, Luxembourg as a Distribution Engineer!
Your RoleWe are looking for a Distribution Engineer to join our dynamic BeNeLux Engineering Team that supports our BeNeLux Contract Logistics Organisation: more than 30 locations; 850,000+ sqm; 5,000+ employees.
- Analyzing and investigating set-ups/solutions of both existing and new customers, based on the available data and your experience;
- (Re-)design distribution solutions and improvements concerning logistics processes and end-to-end distribution solutions (inbound transport, B2B, B2C, last mile delivery and returns, dedicated set-up... );
- Regular analysis of existing business and benchmarking of carrier by review + analysis of transport market;
- Optimizing existing processes by acting as a distribution expert in continuous improvement projects ran by operational teams;
- Support preparation of implementation and project plans;
- Problem solving and solution coordination on all issues, which appear during implementation phase;
- Use of available tools for calculations to create distribution solution;
- Perform activity based cost calculations and support proactive and competitive responses to tenders (RFQ’s).
Your Skills and Experiences
- You have a bachelor/master degree in the area of logistics or equal level by experience;
- You can present at least 2 years of experience in transport planning, -management, and/or engineering;
- You have a proven track record in transport or logistic engineering, knowledge of logistics IT solutions is an asset;
- You are familiar with transport cost models and the establishment of rates;
- You are a strong communicator with experience in tackling problems, leading project meetings, delivering strong presentations, both with customers and suppliers (external and internal);
- You have a self-motivated personality and a result driven, hands-on mentality;
- Fluency in oral and written English and German; French is an asset;
- Good knowledge of using MS Office (mainly Excel and Access) with the ability to analyze comprehensive data.