Customs, Customer Service Representative
We are currently looking for a dedicated and motivated Customer Service Representative to support our Customs department based at our branch office located in Vancouver, B.C.
• Assist clients with customs issues (including tariff treatment, classification, proof of origin, filing Exporter Statement of Origin and NAFTA Certificate, etc.) by email and/or telephone;
• Assign HS Tariff classifications using the Harmonized System to classify products and commodities;
• Maintain database to ensure HS classification accuracy;
• Prepare and submit B3s to CBSA for timely customs clearances;
• Communicate with CBSA regarding customs regulations, import permits and clearances;
• Analyze relationship between the vendor and importer, choose correct valuation method to calculate customs duty, GST, Excise tax and SIMA;
• Coordinate Import/Export permits for Canadian Controlled Goods through EICS;
• Audit and review customs entries to ensure correct information;
• Request and verify supporting documentation for compliance purposes;
• Complete accurate data entry (open customers' files, validate information, credit and invoicing);
• Coordinate with clients/customers and carriers to expedite shipments;
• Liaise with Steamship Lines, Air Carriers to establish shipment status;
• Follow up with warehouse and trucking company to ensure released shipments delivered without delay;
• Other duties as assigned to you from time to time by the Company.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Customs industry.
• Working knowledge of AS400, Excel, Word, and Outlook, preferred
• Knowledge of Government Regulations and legislation relative to Customs.
• College diploma or University degree in business, Transportation Administration or International Commerce, CSCB certificates preferred.
• Excellent customer service and administrative skills (required);
• Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills required, including high attention to detail and accuracy within a fast-paced work environment;
• Strong computer competency required, including full proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
No agencies or phone calls, please. Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
Kuehne + Nagel Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 74,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Learn more >>
Reference Number: req40642