Are you self-motivated and result-driven? Do you show a hands-on mentality when it comes to problem-solving? Are you a strong communicator with experience with leading project meetings, delivering strong presentations, both with customers and suppliers (external and internal)? If yes, join our contract logistics team as Contract Logistics Solutions Engineer!
Your RoleAs the Contract Logistics Solutions Engineer, you will be a part of the solutions design process in Turkey in the Contract Logistics business division. You will be working in a busy operational department with challenging project agenda – designing operational solutions to customers on RFQs, delivering projects by utilizing Kuehne+Nagel’s global tools and methodologies, and consistently offering cooperation with national and regional functions.
- Analyzing and investigating logistic processes both of existing and new customers, based on the available data and your experience
- (Re-) design logistic solutions and improvements concerning logistics processes (inbound & outbound processes, warehouse & distribution processes, warehouse lay-outs,)
- Optimizing existing processes by acting as a logistics expert in continuous improvement projects ran by operational teamsAssist and work closely with the CTI team in preparation of a full fletched implementation and projectplans
- Follow-up of all steps of the implementation to ensure realization as scheduled within the budgetProblem solving and solution coordination on all issues which appear during implementation phaseUse of global calculation tool (GCT) and supporting tools for warehouse calculations to create logistics solution
- Assist and work closely with the Business Development team in performing activity based cost calculations and support proactive and competitive responses to tenders (RFQ’s)
- Carry out its works in accordance with policies, objectives and Management System documents of Quality, Occupational Health and Safety, Environment and Information Security.
- Carry out the tasks delegated from top management which are compatible with the knowledge, skills and education
Your Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or similar departments
- Experience in logistics sector is a plus
- Experience in Autocad is a plus
- Strong knowhow on MS Office Applications
- Fluent in English
- Analytical skills with strong attention to details
- Strong multitasking and communication and presentation skills