If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most successful logistics organization we are looking for a new Operations Supervisor. This is an excellent opportunity to join our Contract Logistics team.
Your RoleThe Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Operations Manager or Distribution Center Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
- Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments.
- Orderly stacking of product.
- Picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
- Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Maintain product locator system. Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
- Rotate product as appropriate, Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- This list is not fully inclusive of all job responsibilities.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Must have three (3) years experience in a warehouse environment, one (1) in a supervisory role.
- Experience with shipping, receiving and inventory control.
- Successful communication - written and verbal.
- Establish priorities and multi-task.
- Possess professional business demeanor.
- Experience with personal computers and materials handling equipment