We are currently recruiting for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our hugely successful international road logistics team in Manchester as a Sales Apprentice. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s leading logistics and freight forwarding companies and will help you to gain an insight into the industry and help you to forge a career in sales.
Your RoleAs part of our Road Sales team you’ll be liaising with all relevant parties to ensure that our customer expectations are met/exceeded during the movement of their goods across Europe. You’ll be in communication with a variety of people and using IT systems to process requirements from customers and overseas agents. It’s a varied role and your training will equip you to be involved in problem solving, finance tracking and supporting the account managers with their day to day duties.
Our Road Logistics Sales Apprenticeship is a 2 year programme, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards the Level 2 Customer Service certificate followed by the Level 4 Sales Executive apprenticeship. You will work within a successful Sales team while learning everything you need to know to be a top sales performer whilst supported by your peers, your managers, and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne+Nagel.
You apprenticeship will include:
- Face to face workshops
- 1:1 meetings with your personal tutor every month
- On the job training to enable you to put into practice the skills you are learning
In the first part of your apprenticeship you will focus on getting to grips with delivering excellent customer service, and in the second part you will build on this foundation to develop specialist Sales skills – you may even be given your own Customer Service or Sales Account to manage! Beyond this, there is an opportunity for successful apprentices to secure a full time position and promotion into a Freight Account Manager role, as well as achieving bonuses and pay rises connected to the apprenticeship programme.
You’ll be learning how to:
- Efficiently process bookings from clients and overseas agents on to the system.
- Provide operational support for the Freight Account Managers when required.
- Liaise with all relevant parties throughout the shipment to organise the movement of goods
- Deal with any issues that may arise during a shipment and ensure the client and/or Freight Account Manager is updated
- Process sales and purchase invoices of the branch
- When deemed necessary, aiding in the completion of other departmental work to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the department as a whole to ensure customer service, internal or external, is continually maintained
Your Skills and Experiences
- Five GCSEs at grades 3 – 9 / A*-D (including Maths & English)
- Candidates must either have a full driving licence or pass their test during the apprenticeship.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities