APPRENTICESHIP - Air Logistics Operational Care Specialist - Starting Sept 2023
Apprenticeship Manchester (Manchester) Sales
We are currently recruiting for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our hugely successful international Operational Care team in London Heathrow as an Air Logistics Apprentice. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s leading logistics and freight forwarding companies and will help you to gain an insight into the industry and help you to forge a career in Air Logistics.
Your RoleThe Operational Care Specialist Apprentice will be part of a team within the Operational Care Centre (OCC) responsible for coordinating transport activities by: executing the necessary bookings with our partners and gateways, executing the requisite data entry associated with transport document generation, generating the required documentation, and liaising with our customer care specialists to ensure specific requirements are met (Transit Times, Carrier selection, Routings etc.). The role will involve dealing with a wide variety of cargo to and from all reaches of the Globe! The Operational Care Specialist is responsible for managing the coordination of customer shipments by securing buy rates (when required) as well as capacity with qualified carriers/partners and or via the Kuehne+Nagel gateways. All of these activities are to performed in compliance with rules and regulations governing air transport, Our Apprenticeship is a 24 month programme, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards the International Freight Forwarding Level 3 apprenticeship. You will work within a successful team while learning everything you need to know whilst supported by your peers, your managers, and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne+Nagel.
- Aligning with our Customer Care Teams to meet and exceed our Customer’s requirements
- Manage and complete operational tasks, including issuing International Transport Documentation and arranging domestic collections and deliveries
- Monitor operational performance
- Service Exception Recovery
- Document management
- Communicating with our internal Team, overseas offices and suppliers
Your Skills and Experiences
- Five GCSEs at grades 3 – 9 / A*-D (including Maths & English)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Cope with Change and embrace new technologies
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
Apprenticeship Contract: 25th Sept 2023 – 19th Sept 2025
Working hours: Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.30, Office based
Recruitment Process:Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview onsite.