Job Title: Apprentice Warehouse Operative
Vacancy Number: GB08662
What we’re looking for
To efficiently load and unload vehicles with care and attention. To complete daily warehouse activities in order to meet the needs of the business and contractual Key Performance Indicators ensuring compliance with HACCP and BRC food safety guidelines.
What you’ll do
· To adhere and understand Health and Safety instructions provided, whilst being responsible for the health and safety of colleagues on their designated shift
· To deal with warehouse coordination, stock control, goods in and out and import and export freight
· To operate a forklift truck with due care and attention, adhering to written guidelines and training provided
· To effectively load and unload vehicles, ensuring there is no damage to goods at all times
· To ensure that the Warehouse Manager is notified if consignments cannot be located
· To immediately notify their Supervisor if a consignment is found to be opened or damaged
· To x-ray freight as and when required following guidelines and training
· To load and unload loose cartons as and when required
What you’ll bring
· A The ability to work effectively in a team and be able to demonstrate dependability
· Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and targets
· Excellent attendance and timekeeping
· Current Fork Lift Counter Balance Licence
· Current X-ray certificate, desirable but not essential
· Full UK driving licence
What you’ll get
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. What we will provide includes:
· Competitive salary
· Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan.
· Route 2 Rewards scheme - discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
Why not find out more about Kuehne + Nagel, visit us at www.kuehne-nagel.com?
With more than 79,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>