Job Title: Seafreight Apprentice
Working in a busy operational department taking ownership of files from start to finish. Servicing customers on a daily basis meeting all their requirements from an operational perspective.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Manage operational files from start to finish
· Actively plan and co-ordinate your working day taking ownership of the business you manage operationally.
· Assist and advise customers of shipments, arrival, clearances and deliveries
· Take ownership of your own operational accounts.
· Pro-active in your response to service issues.
· Maintain a suitable level of data entry, which will be monitored
· Build close, strong relationships with all our customers, KN offices, overseas agents and service providers
· Maximise profits for the department by obtaining optimal buying rates and keeping operational errors to a minimum
· Adhere to KN policy and procedures and ensure that all work is carried out to pre-set service levels
· All reporting must be accurate and delivered according to agreed deadlines
· To be cost conscious at all times
· Update all required status milestones to meet company KPI'S
Your skills and experience
· Ability to be very profit conscious
· Ability to work on you own initiative and as part of a team
· Flexible approach to working hours
· Excellent communication skills
· Sound Educational background
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>