Job Title: Customer Service Apprentice
Vacancy Number: GB08592
What we're looking for
As part of the role you will work closely with the sales team and be the main point of contact and also responsible for providing high levels of customer service to key external clients as well as providing support to the internal sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the world's leading logistics and freight forwarding companies and will help you to gain an insight into the industry and help you to forge a career in sales.
What you'll do
· Support the Account Managers helping with day to day duties
· Provide operational support for the Account Managers when required and also take responsibility of customer accounts in absence of Account Managers
· Heavily customer focused and will require constant communication with a variety of key clients through various forms of communication methods
· Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure that customer expectations are met during the movement of cargo.
· To efficiently process bookings from clients and overseas agents on to the system
· Deal with any issues that may arise during a shipment and ensure the client and/or Account Manager is updated.
· When deemed necessary, aiding in the completion of other departmental work to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the department as a whole to ensure customer service, internal or external, is continually maintained
· Understanding the customer needs strong telesales skills, positive and effective communication and how to build strong and lasting business relationships
What you'll bring
· A basic standard of literacy and numeracy
· Understanding of warehouse practices e.g. picking, loading
· PC literate
· Personal Drive – self-motivated, target driven, reliable and flexible
· Managing (Personal) Performance – accuracy, attention to detail
· Teamwork – communication skills
What you'll get
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. What we will provide includes:
· Competitive salary
· Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan.
· Route 2 Rewards scheme - discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
Why not find out more about Kuehne + Nagel, visit us at www.kuehne-nagel.com?
With more than 78,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>