Job Title: Airfreight Apprentice
Vacancy Number: GB08610
What we're looking for
As part of the role you will work closely with the team and be the main point of contact and also responsible for providing high levels of customer service to key external clients. Be accountable for overseeing on a day-to-day basis, the smooth running of the department and promote 1st class customer relations. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the world's leading logistics and freight forwarding companies and will help you to gain an insight into the industry and help you to forge a career in logistics.
What you'll do
· Support the Account Managers helping with day to day duties
· Provide operational support for the Account Managers when required and also take responsibility of customer accounts in absence of Account Managers
· Heavily customer focused and will require constant communication with a variety of key clients through various forms of communication methods
· Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure that customer expectations are met during the movement of cargo.
· To efficiently process bookings from clients and overseas agents on to the system
· Deal with any issues that may arise during a shipment and ensure the client and/or Account Manager is updated
· When deemed necessary, aiding in the completion of other departmental work to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the department as a whole to ensure customer service, internal or external, is continually maintained
· Understanding the customer needs strong telesales skills, positive and effective communication and how to build strong and lasting business relationships.
What you'll bring
· Preferably experience within a supervisory level
· Knowledge of Airfreight operational procedures
· High level of PC literacy on MS Word/Excel, or similar
· High degree of organisational, administrative and communication skills and the ability to work on own initiative
· Good team player, with the ability to monitor and motivate the staff
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
Why not find out more about Kuehne + Nagel, visit us at www.kuehne-nagel.com?
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>