Airfreight Export Operator
Heathrow, United Kingdom
We are currently recruiting for an Airfreight Export Operator at our Heathrow branch to join our team who will work as part of the specialist airfreight team to provide support and assistance to colleagues and line Manager as well as providing excellent customer service at all times. In your role as the Airfreight Operator you will be responsible for building close relationships with our Customers, Kuehne + Nagel offices, overseas agents and Service providers.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
· Handling and coordination of airfreight (Export) shipments – end to end responsibility
· Maintain and develop KN (Pharma) customer base to ensure that 1st class customer service is delivered at all times.
· Strong customer relationship to understand requirements and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Maintain, develop and build close relationships with members of the team and other divisions and with KN offices world-wide.
· Maintain, develop and build close relationships between Operations and Sales and provide full support to Local and National Sales at all times to for gaining, retaining and implementation of clients.
· Manage and monitor the team to enforce strict compliance with KN Policies and Procedures and ensure that all work is carried out to pre-set service levels.
· Implement, maintain, develop and train Kuehne + Nagel systems to get the best benefit from systems.
· Ensure that all reports issue are done in a timely and accurate manner and that the general administration for the division runs smoothly.
· Supervising, handling and coordination of airfreight (Export) shipments – end to end responsibility.
Your skills and experience
· Previous experience working in a logistics / freight forwarding environment and have Airfreight experience / operational knowledge
· Experience in dealing with Pharma freight is advantaegous
· Conversant with all aspects of air freight (export) procedures / basic airfreight
· Ability to work to demanding deadlines
· Customer service - excellent telephone manner and communication skills
· Computer literate – high level on Microsoft word/Excel
· Good team player with ability to monitor and motivate colleagues
· Ensuring ongoing GXP compliance, keep up to date with KN global and country specific GXP
standards and requirements
· Dangerous Goods Processing, and full knowledge and awareness of potential hidden dangerous goods
Good reasons to join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary and 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance and private health insurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne- nagel.com
Learn more >>
Reference Number: GB09215