Our branch in Chicago is in search for an experienced freight forwarding professional to join the Air Import Gateway team.
Your RoleThe Air Import Gateway Agent is responsible for timely, cost effective movement of air import freight managed by the Air Import Gateway department as directed by the Supervisor and/or Manager.
Your ResponsibilitiesEncompass a variety of duties, including but not limited, to the following:
• Tracking, tracing, with the airlines, both via email and phone
• Work with origins to achieve commitments
• Update shipment details through system
• Work with CFS to ensure timely availability of cargo
Your Skills and Experiences• Must be detail-oriented, thorough and accurate
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work with demanding deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks
• Strong PC skills
• Proven analytical skills
• Work effectively via phone, fax, e-mail. Good planning skills; the ability to multitask and be a self-starter