Reference Number: GB06534
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff design solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that all drivers returning to the site are efficiently and competently de-briefed identifying any potential problems relating to any aspects of the delivery/collection paperwork and raising outstanding problems to their shift manager. To maintain KPI's and personal targets.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Crew de brief, (running sheets, delivery/pod paperwork). Ensure all drivers paperwork is accurately completed and returned in an acceptable manner i.e. legible and tidy
• Checking all pod's against customer delivery notes and ensuring driver has presented in orderly manner
• In the event of any documentation missing, identify root cause of the problem and take appropriate course of action, always ensuring accurate notation is made with the bundle. In the event of the incident being potentially serious refer to immediate manager
• Collate pod's and input/confirm on to S.H.A.R.P., noting any discrepancies/queries taking appropriate action to resolve problem
• Collect and input into database all drivers run sheet information, referring any major discrepancies to immediate manager.
• Monitor and record recurring inefficiencies/inadequate paperwork returns so that remedial action can be taken to ensure driver understanding/maintain customer service levels
• To undertake any other ad hoc duties as and when required by management.
• Maintain Vehicle Maintenance Files
• Maintain Tri-Scan Fuel System including Offsite fuelling
• Weekly Fuel Reconciliation, including monitoring fuel stocks and re-ordering
• Agency Hours reconciliation
• Drivers daily/ weekly wage sheet
• Sundries ordering , drivers uniforms /Bridge/Toll tickets
Your skills and experience
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• An excellent phone manner, and a commitment to customer service with a view to exceeding customer expectations
• Highly organized and able to prioritise
• Computer literacy, and able to quickly learn new software
• Transport legislation knowledge
• Able to act on your own initiative without constant supervision
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Reference Number: GB06534