Our branch in Atlanta is in search for an experienced finance professional to join the AP team.
Your RoleThis role will provide technical assistance to the VP of Finance monitoring monthly respective areas, with the ultimate goal being to reduce the Key Performance Indicator of their respective area of concentration.
Your Responsibilities• Oversees the approval and processing of expenditure, and other key financial control documents, ledger and/or account maintenance, and relevant data entry.
• Plans, coordinates, and monitors the daily activities of the unit, ensuring smooth, efficient workflow and adherence to objectives and procedures, and operating standards.
• Monitor regional UA and DPO
• Supplier creation request and maintenance
• Assist departments with supplier disputes and requests
• Generate purchase request to create the purchase orders for all overhead invoices
• Ensure temps are allocated correctly and PR/PO raised timely.
• Responds to inquiries and researches and resolves problems related to transactions handled by the unit; serves as liaison with other constituencies in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational issues.
• Monthly distribution of PL and GP performance to the branches
• Development of KPIs, ad-hoc reports, and new analysis’s as required
Your Skills and ExperiencesEDUCATION
• College degree preferred.
• A minimum of 3 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, specifically related to statement reconciliation
• Knowledge of electronic invoicing and payments advantageous
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & TRAITS
• Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices.
• Ability to communicate with internal and external customers in a professional manner
• Knowledge of Transportation Industry
• Advanced Excel skills
• Communication skills
• Accuracy is vital
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Timelines upkeep
• Organized, detail-oriented, hands-on, and a team player
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to follow through from beginning to end