Stella McCartney is looking for a new member of our exciting and fast-growing sustainability team. We are looking for a fabric technician that will focus on sustainability, working with our purchasing department in Italy and our sustainability and fabrics teams in Italy. We are looking for someone to support the development of sustainable materials. Focus on environmental impact, traceability and animal welfare are at the forefront of the role.
· Work closely with the sustainability and fabrics teams to develop sustainable fabric offerings.
· Act as a go between for the sustainability team, fabrics team and production team in Italy.
· Work closely with fabric mills and the purchasing office to develop innovative, sustainable fabric and materials that are also in line with design and brand desirability.
· To look at timing and pricing strategies to encourage the design and product development processes to work towards sustainability targets.
· Work alongside the sustainability team on projects which support the growth of more sustainable products which drive the reduction in the EP&L report
· Where appropriate take technical responsibility for a range as well as providing support to the Fabrics team
· Pre approve fabric sustainability, legal, testing and safety claims.
· Support the delivery of the sustainability strategy and work independently as appropriate to deliver clear specification
· Support the day to day activities within the Fabric and Sustainability Team
· Build strong relationships within the Fabric and Production team adhering to agreed ways of working
· Stay abreast of new developments in sustainability in the textile industry and communicate to sustainability and fabric teams.