Job Title: Stock Controller
Brand: Bottega Veneta
Reports to: Store Manager
Role Objective: To be primarily responsible for the management of stock; ensuring that all deliveries, transfers and general organization of the stockroom is carried out with great attention to detail and efficiency. This role is also key in supporting the sales consultants to ensure that client needs are met.
· Be responsible for physical organisation of the stockroom, ensuring that it is tidy and that stock is stored in a clear and efficient way.
· Be security conscious in order to highlight any stock that is missing from the stockroom
· Be responsible for organization and replenishment of all packaging, including; bags, garment covers, tissue paper and maintenance and care of wooden hangers.
· Receive all weekly deliveries into the store and checking that the stock matches the invoice. Inform inventory control of any discrepancies. Also inform the SM of any new stock arrivals.
· Process relevant paperwork and other administrative tasks
· Ensure that replenishment is carried out where necessary and that stock levels are maintained according to client demand.
· Ensure staff uniform is allocated aside for staff use
· Liaise with Inventory control regarding deliveries, stock transfers, stock takes & return to vendors (RTVs)
· Open, track and close consignments in accordance with the Company's consignment policy.
· Manage Return to Vendor at the end of every season. Ensure that all previous stock is returned to the warehouse as instructed by inventory control.
· Prepare markdowns before each sale period, including; separating carry over items from markdown merchandise.
· Action stock transfers CICI's (intercompany transfers), including e-commerce stock requests. Raise all necessary paperwork and inform inventory control.
· Be Responsible to reticent any unticketed items
Maintenance of the systems
· Carry out electronic maintenance of stock allocations, enter information regarding orders, transfers and adjustments.
· Liaise with inventory control
· Stock takes
· Carry out a full stock takes of all merchandise received in store periodically in addition to the ‘mini' stock takes of each department.
· Ensure that any discrepancies are found as a result of any of these stock takes, an investigation to how this occurred should be conducted. Findings from the stock take and any investigation carried out must be presented to the store manager.
· Make adjustments to the relevant systems following the stock takes and liaise with inventory control where necessary.
Faulty stock and repairs
· Identify any faulty stock immediately and ensure that it is not placed on the shop floor where possible.
· Liaise with [Italy] and other relevant suppliers as well as completing and keeping a paper trail of the appropriate forms regarding faulty stock and repairs. All repairs must be processed in accordance with the Company's policy.
· Supporting to internal departments
· Work with the sales teams in your own boutique and worldwide to ensure that client demands are met and optimum stock levels are maintained.
· To read and understand weekly store report as produced by the merchandising team
· Maintain constant communication with the Retail team at head office regarding stock management.
· Support the visual merchandiser by making available and preparing stock for the boutique's displays.
· Liaise with the press department regarding stock they require
· Stock take results
· Meeting with individual and group targets
· An organized and well stocked stockroom and shop floor
· Achieving shrinkage targets
· Planning and Organization
· Problem Solving
· Team work