Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is creating a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail. Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
Gucci is seeking a Junior Knitwear Designer truly passionate about Kidswear to join its creative team in Rome. Following the guidelines and input of the Design Director, the Junior Designer will support Designers in developing the collection and special project in line with the Brand aesthetic and principles.
Research trends and inspirations:
· Participate in the creativity of the category through knowledge of the latest trends
· Monitor the marketplace to identify competitive opportunities
· Based on a theme or Design Director inputs, research inspiration through:
· Vintage markets
· Men and Women’s Ready to Wear house’s departments
Design and creativity:
· Develop sketches based on Senior Designer/Design Director inputs and the Brand aesthetic
· Propose new ideas
· Share the draws with the Senior Designer/Design Director and modify or integrate them with size, proportion, materials, and colors
· Support Designers applying graphic corrections (colors, materials) on draws realized by Senior Designers or developing rendering
· Realize mock-up of jacquards in real size and support with related corrections of color ways or proportions under designers’ guidelines
· Support Designer in dealing with practical and bureaucratic requests coming from Product Development team
· Organize folders and classify/update regularly collection’s documents (sketches, technical packages, inspirations pictures etc) both in shared drive and print out version
· Assist designers during the fitting process
· Build a link with both print and embroidery teams for graphics or items placements and eventual updates
· Support designer in the following activities:
· all accessory/trim developments for general collection use
· all aspects of the men’s & women’s jersey/knitwear collections to ensure that the knitwear/jersey always forms a strong and coherent part of the overall Gucci collection.
· seasonal developments within the accessories/bag department to ensure a strong link with all relevant trims and hardwear is present in knitwear/jersey collection.
· Collaborate with Gucci product development teams to assist the uploading of all styles/colors/hardwear for the knitwear/Jersey collections
· Previous experience in a similar role is a definite advantage
· Good knowledge in product development constructions, materials, fabrics, techniques and industrial production processes
· Sound culture of fashion, trends, designers and history of the Brand
· Excellent in freehand and CAD drawing
· Proficient on all design platforms as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Suite. Knowledge of pro create and having a good understanding of the icloud and Mac would be a plus.
· Strong organization and time managing skills to be able to work on various categories knitwear/jersey collections simultaneously (JB, JG, BB, BG)
· Fluency in English.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES THAT WILL HELP YOU IN THIS ROLE
· Thinks in a connected way, understanding how own decisions impact others
· Generates insights from a wide-range of available internal and external trends
· Work beyond hierarchy, to build bridges and brings people to work collaboratively.
· Communicates impactfully and adapts messaging in a way that it inspires others to act.
· A flexible mindset, at ease with changes and new ways of working. Is energized by an environment that operates in ambiguous and volatile conditions
· Makes things happen with and through others and takes accountability for own actions
Why work with us?
Gucci is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
GUCCIO GUCCI S.P.A.