Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
The Associate Merchandiser for Outlets is responsible for the successful management of inventory by developing and executing strategies to support the growth of the channel and meeting sales targets. He/she supports the channel by providing analysis and results for by department, recommending action against the results and follows through on executing this action. This individual demonstrates risk-taking in business, creative problem solving skills, and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. Must clearly communicate merchandising strategies to store and corporate teams, and build partnerships with members of the cross-functional team. Consistently keeps Gucci America a leader in the market by providing timely and insightful competitive feedback to direct/indirect reports and WW Merchandising related to the Outlets.
· Analyze business weekly by generating selling reports to track selling, identify key trends, and maximize opportunities to achieve continued growth and profitability;
· Optimization of stock to sales ratios by managing the success of the department through developing and driving seasonal and annual business strategies that exceed financial goals and KPIs;
· Partner with cross functional teams (inventory control, planning, visual merchandising) and store teams to communicate and successfully execute seasonal promotions and markdowns;
· Enhance understanding of local market needs and segmentation;
· Work with Clienteling Manager to prepare and support in-store activities/ special events to increase customer loyalty;
· Communicate and collaborate with stores to ensure proper execution of all merchandising strategies;
· Responsible for execution and maintenance of merchandising guidelines and product knowledge information to the stores;
· Coordinate with worldwide merchants on product feedback and market needs.
· Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Business or related discipline;
· A minimum of 3-4 years of relevant buying experience gained within a fashion luxury environment;
· Commercial awareness and strong business acumen;
· Proven ability to drive results;
· Passionate about exceeding corporate goals and driving business through excellent execution;
· Ability to understand current market trends and buying psychology;
· Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
· Sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
· Excellent organizational skills;
· Strong communication skills;
· Team player with an enthusiastic outlook.
· Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
· Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
· Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance and taking accountability for own actions
· Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
· Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
· Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
· Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing and amplifying each person’s uniqueness
· Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
· Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
· Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States
Gucci America Inc