BALENCIAGA Sales Advisor Amsterdam De Bijenkorf
Cristóbal Balenciaga founded the House in 1917 in his home of Spain. In 1937, he established the brand in Paris, designing its collections there until 1968. Cristóbal Balenciaga had a reputation as a couturier of uncompromising standards and was referred to as "the master of us all" by Christian Dior and as “The Couturier of the Couturiers” by Gabrielle Chanel. The ultra-modern shapes were trademarks of the house.
While the brand’s identity is firmly rooted in its highly conceptual prêt-à-porter collections, its leather goods, footwear, and accessories experience worldwide success as well. Among the archetypal products of the House are its handbag collections. A new focus on the development of Balenciaga ready-to-wear collections for men was quickly established as highly successful.
Since October 2015, Demna Gvasalia has designed both men’s and women’s collections as the artistic director.
The Balenciaga House, part of the Kering group since 2001, is one of the most influential names in fashion.
We are currently seeking a Sales Advisor who will report to the Store Manager as part of our team in Amsterdam De Bijenkorf.
To bring the in-store customer experience to the next level with flawless service that dazzles. You will seek out and leverage opportunities to enhance sales and increase growth.
How you will contribute
· To develop and maintain good product knowledge and provide excellent customer service
· An understanding of current products, trends and collections and ensuring that customers are informed and aware
· To replenish stock and maintain high standards of merchandise and product presentation
· Handling customer complaints, seeking assistance where necessary, ensuring issues are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer and the company
· Keep up to date with customer requirements and operating procedures
· Be aware of daily sales targets and performance against them. Use appropriate sales techniques to ensure they are met
· To ensure that all procedures and policies are understood. To carry out work according to those standards.
· Personal appearance and presentation must be strictly in line with company standards
· Adheres to Security and Health and Safety regulations
· Opening & closing the Store according the needs of the business, in line with Company security rules
· To carry out additional duties when and where necessary within the defined levels of responsibility and accountability of the Sales Consultant role.
Who you are
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Experience in a customer service role with face-to-face customer contact
· Ability to adapt to frequent change and a high-pressure environment
· Ability to initiate contact and communication
· Motivated by being a team player with a common goal
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
· A strong team player and considerate of colleagues
· Ability to speak fluently a second language.
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Balenciaga adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow.
Balenciaga is committed to thriving your professional development within the House or in the Kering group. We empower leaders to create, build and sustain high performing teams that excel in execution. We guide every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Balenciaga is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, disability, sexual orientation… - enriches the workplace and our client experience. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applications and select our talents based on competencies and in alignment with our brand behaviors. Setting people for success is what we live for. It is part of our interview process to discuss with you how to excel in our company.
Balenciaga Netherlands B.V.