Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are currently looking for a Women’s Press Officer to join Alexander McQueen’s communication team at our head office in London.
· You will be responsible for sample movement worldwide.
· Responsible for the care and condition of the couture- level collections at all times,
· Creating and implementing detailed documents on care and execution for the collection for worldwide PRs, stylists and press.
· Manage the UK market as part of the Press team.
· You will be support the regional Press teams situated worldwide on a daily basis. Responsible for monitoring sample movement and management, coverage and editorial strategy.
· Construct press packages. Pitching product, features and launching collections as part of a seasonal strategy.
· Managing and monitoring the worldwide editorial strategy.
· Strategically approaching DMR to meet the monthly KPI’s, working to anticipate the forthcoming analysis and adapt the strategy.
· Coordinating seasonal press days, in the UK and within the local markets
· Supporting the Senior PR Manager in their duties, in turn reporting to the WW Press Director and Chief Marketing Officer.
· Key support during the seasonal fashion show.
· Responsible for acting as an ambassador of the brand at all times.
· Supervising and overseeing the Women’s Press Assistant and Women’s Graduate Trainee
Your Skills and Experience:
· PR experience either in-house or agency, ideally from luxury fashion
· Must have experience of sample movement. Collections of a couture- level would be of an advantage.
· Established network of UK Press contacts to draw upon, particularly Fashion Editors, Fashion Assistants and digital teams. International press contacts/ knowledge beneficial.
· Exceptional organisation and ability to multitask, with attention to detail
· Able to navigate the demands of managing a sought- after collection.
· Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organisation
· Above all, an excellent attitude and approach to work. Professional, discreet, positive, high-energy with a ‘can-do' attitude to problems.
· Willing to travel as part of the role
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world.