Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
· This role will be responsible supporting the execution and maintenance of global brand standards and visual merchandising guidelines across retail and wholesale channels in North America.
· Develop and foster strong rapport with field partners, provide direction and training for store managers and teams as well as DSA, brand managers and wholesale business partners.
· Manage VM store reports process and field communication.
· Ensure in-store presentations are in line with regional business initiatives as well as reflect brand’s visual identity. Support business goals and needs of cross functional partners, events and installations.
How you will contribute
· Conduct store visits and travel between stores to execute guidelines, manage seasonal and product launches and provide VM training for store teams
· Manage bi-weekly / monthly rotations and any VM initiatives across the fleet
· Reinforce visual presentation standards and demonstrate best practices throughout the region
· Facilitate weekly communication and touch bases with field teams, collect VM photos remotely and provide guidance and feedback. Ensure execution of direction
· Liaise between regional head office and field teams for any VM and corporate communications
· Manage VM reports - upload/archive all VM photos, reports, and decks
· Manage VM prop inventory and maintenance, oversee storage, organization and upkeep
· Support new store openings, special events setups and VM installations
Who you are
Skills and Abilities Required:
· Strong visual merchandising skills and aesthetic sensibility
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Detail oriented, meticulous attention to detail with strong time management,
· Flexible with ability to follow direction and receptive to constructive feedback
· Ability to adapt to fast pace reactive environment and frequent change of priorities
· Proactive thinker with ability to problem solve and act independently with sense of urgency
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Travel up to 75% and flexibility and ability to work off hours (overnight & weekends)
· Proficiency with Microsoft applications
· Knowledge of Adobe platforms
· Digital photography skills with good sense of composition
Education and Experience Required:
· 2-3 years or equivalent work experience in multi store capacity
· Creative Experience: styling, merchandising (all product categories)
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
Alexander McQueen Trading America Inc