Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are in search of a creative, organised and proactive Graduate Trainee to join the Womenswear Design team based in London.
The Graduate Trainee will have the opportunity to develop their existing knowledge within a Design department and provide support across a variety of activities. Responsible for ensuring completion of set activities to the highest standard and ensuring alignment with the Designer’s briefs.
How you will contribute:
• You will undertake image research
• Amending Sketches
• Making Swatches, mock-ups, trials
• You will be Draping in 3D based on sketches/ images set by designer
• Tracing patterns
• You will be assisting during fittings where required
• Photoshop renderings/colourups when requested
• Illustrator artworks/ placements
• Photographing and organizing prototypes and samples
• You will be responsible for maintaining and updating the archives
• Preparing presentation boards
• Coordinating and preparing samples to be sent out, tracking design process.
• Other administrative tasks required by the Designers
Your skills and experience:
• Some RTW design experience working within a luxury / contemporary fashion brand
• Good technical knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office
• Strong hand drawing skills
• Strong draping skills and the ability to interpret a sketch or reference image into 3D sample
• Good knowledge of basic pattern cutting
• Good machine and hand sewing skills
• Good knowledge of fabrics
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)