Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are currently seeking for a Facilities Assistant to assist the Head of Operations and Facilities with key operational aspects, to start in January 2021.
The Facilities Assistant position is an exciting opportunity within a creative environment. The role will include general office management and post room assistance across all our London offices with a strong focus on service and high standards. The Facilities Assistant will also work on ad hoc projects with the various in-house teams, in addition to providing support to the Head of Operations and Facilities. Your working hours will be 9:00am to 06:00pm.
How you will contribute:
· Proactively ensuring the excellent upkeep of the office space, tidiness and general care in line with the Alexander McQueen brand image; ensuring front of house areas are in immaculate condition
· You will assist with photoshoots set ups that are held at the London office
· You will be carrying out a daily check of all the kitchens ensuring they are well stocked
· Co-ordinating weekly deliveries of milk, fruit and other catering supplies
· Carrying out office Health & Safety checks during the daily office walkthrough
· You will be assisting the post room during busy periods with deliveries and send outs
· Coordinating and troubleshooting general facilities issues and requests, escalating as required to the Operations and Facilities Co-ordinator
· You will be assisting the Operations and Facilities Co-ordinator with new joiner desk set ups
· You will be creating building passes for new joiners
· Placing orders and raising POs for ad hoc facilities requests
· Ensuring photocopiers are fully stocked with paper, changing toner cartridges as and when required
· Proactively double checking that all stationary cupboards are fully stocked
· Co-ordinating recycling collections
· Arrange recycling and waste collections
· Assist the Operations and Facilities Co-ordinator with general admin tasks
· You will be setting up catering for in-house meetings and shoots
· You will assist the Head of Operations & Facilities with office moves and ad hoc office clear outs
· Support with other projects and activities as required
Your Skills and Experience:
· Previous Facilities & Operations experience required, working in an office of 100+ staff essential (creative industry preferred)
· Professional with a high regard for confidentially and discretion
· Team player, with a proactive and ‘can-do’ attitude
· A multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure, frequently changing environment
· Strong sense of ownership - ensure that every request is professionally answered and followed through to completion
· Good knowledge of Facilities – with previous experience providing first line support
· First aid and fire warden training beneficial
Why work with us?
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a dynamic team within a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.