Duration: 2 year rotational programme
Start date: September 2018
Location: Inverness, Scotland (LifeScan)
Sector: Medical Devices
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
LifeScan is a Johnson & Johnson company. LifeScan Scotland was created in 2001 when Johnson & Johnson acquired the UK assets of Inverness Medical Ltd, a medical device company established in Inverness in 1995 to design and manufacture glucose test strips, and design electronic meters for the global diabetes market.
With a focus on future development, LifeScan is committed to “creating a world without limits for people with diabetes.” Around 1,000 people are employed at the Inverness site, which is regarded as Johnson & Johnson's centre of excellence for diabetes and self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG).
The team at LifeScan Scotland designs all the products in the OneTouch® Brand of blood glucose monitoring systems (meters, test strips, control solutions, lancing devices and diabetes management software). The OneTouch® brand has two product families – Ultra® products, made from carbon technology, and Verio® products, made from precious metals technology. LifeScan Scotland is the primary OneTouch® test strip manufacturer for the global market.
We are currently recruiting for a newly qualified engineer to join our 2 year Graduate Scheme, to be based at our extensive site in Inverness.
Working in this role you will have the opportunity to build excellent relationships with various departments across the business.
You will also:
· Gain a strong understanding of processes involved in end to end manufacturing
· Learn about Quality Management Systems
· Develop in depth understanding of verification and validation activities as part of the system development lifecycle
· Gain knowledge in risk analysis and documentation control
· Learn how to be a compliance investigator
· Engage and learn about compliance and requirements of J&J validation policies and procedures and the applications
· Learn how to work with minimal supervision as part of an interdisciplinary team.