CAM Technician – Advanced Operator
Beeston, Leeds, United Kingdom
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is investing in early stage research and insights to build our long-term pipeline and enable us to implement innovative disease and care pathways on behalf of customers and the patients we all serve. As this investment includes attracting top talent, DePuy Synthes Engineering department is recruiting for a Production Engineer to join its team.
The Operations function of DePuy Synthes offers exciting career opportunities for high caliber professionals. We provide value by delivering bespoke operational performance, supporting our internal and external customers At DePuy Synthes, a continuing focus on being agile, efficient and effective for the future is at the heart of what we do.
We have an amazing opportunity for an advanced technician – CAM Technician. This role is ideal for someone who wants to provide innovative operational support to new product development activity, 3D technology, customs, continuing care and prototypes. You will provide low volume high complexity solutions to our business and customers.
What you're great at:
As a CAM Technician you will have the ability to think creatively, driving forward the next generation of concepts together with providing “custom implants” and “make to order” for our customers.
You will have a strong focus and be able to work effectively across many different functions which will ensure that we meet both the customer and the business needs. You will have a strong sense of personal responsibility and be able to work both as an individual leader and be a strong team player.
You will welcome and even seek out challenging situations as an opportunity to grow, something that will be recognized by the appreciative and rewarding working environment that is DePuy Synthes.
As a CAM Technician, your typical day may include:
• Support the manufacturing area with CAM data by taking a drawing/ 3D model and create CAM data utilizing Uni graphics or NX software, work with engineering to develop templates for post processors that cover all machine types
• To provide safe and reliable operation of CNC machinery associated ancillary equipment & CMM measuring equipment
• To accurately interpret detailed technical drawings and work instructions.
• To develop innovative initiatives and manufacturing methodologies to improve product lead times to maximise value
• To carry out total asset care routines on equipment, including minor maintenance (such as weekly lubrication, filter changes etc)
• To prioritise own workload, working flexibly to achieve tight deadlines within the constraints of health safety and environmental policy and current legislation
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships and ensure good communication is established within the work cell and other functions
• To have a full understanding of the application of cGMP practices, internal quality systems and methods to all aspects of own work
• The ability to operate computer systems and access software packages such as ADAPTIV, Seiki Systems (DNC), Uni Graphics, NX and JDE
• Ability to perform essential housekeeping functions in own area of responsibility and to champion 6s practices