Leeds - Logic Park
£24,300.00 - £32,000.00
Hours of Work
Various hours to include weekends
Due to the nature of this role, we require all applicants to be over 18 to apply
Duties & Responsibilities:
Our Installation specialists are the face of the John Lewis & Partners brand. When you join the team as a Customer Delivery Driver Installer Trainee, you will be one of our qualified drivers with full pay. You will embark on the John Lewis & Partners Installer accreditation to become a fully qualified Customer Delivery Driver Installer. You will work closely with your people manager and one of our Installers to ensure you reach your full potential during the training program.
As a John Lewis & Partners Customer Delivery Driver Installer Trainee your typical day may involve:
- Using your local knowledge to plan your schedule for the day
- Handling a complex installation in a customer home
- Taking part in a Forum to help shape the future direction of your department.
Our Installer Trainees work 4 days out of 6 (Monday - Saturday) which means you will enjoy 3 days off each week to maintain a healthy work/life balance. We also offer overtime when required so there is potential to top up your earnings.
Required Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- (UK) C1 driving licence
- DCPC (Drivers Qualification Card)
- Tachograph Card
- Previous experience driving a 7.5 tonne vehicle
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Strong verbal communication skills both over the phone and face to face
- Able to cope with the physical requirements of the role (you will spend a lot of time delivering large two man items such as sofas, white goods, sports equipment, furniture, beds, and mattresses etc... ).
- Basic understanding of technology
Desirable Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Installation and disconnection of white goods
- TV installations
- Assembly of flat pack
We have a number of different ways to work flexibly so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees, however, it may open the door to not only a new role but a new way of working.
As a Partner you will enjoy our unique benefits package, including staff discount, subsidised food in Partner dining rooms, discounts in local restaurants, subsidised learning, access to exclusive Partnership hotels and so much more.
We request that candidates only apply for this position if you can fully commit to the advertised working hours and the full term of the contract, or we will be unable to proceed with your application.
Please consider the following when making your application:
- This role is subject to the following pre-employment screening: Driving licence & Basic disclosure.
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early.
- Print off the job description now if you require it.
Duties and Responsibilities
At John Lewis & Partners we are famous for our reputation and customer service. We are looking for Partners who are not just after their next ‘driving job’. We are looking for Partners who want to make a difference to our customers’ experience in the delivery and installation of our fantastic products.
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the John Lewis Partnership. Our aim is to become the UK’s most inclusive business - for our Partners and for our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we serve. We want people from all walks of life to feel valued for their individuality, thrive in our business and share a sense of belonging. To find out more about D&I in the John Lewis Partnership click here - https://www.jlpjobs.com/about/diversityandinclusion/