There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Moline
Function: Information Technology
Title: Software Engineer, Quote - 60130
As a Software Engineer for the John Deere Order Management Program Quote team, you will be responsible for collaborating with other engineers to develop and support new and existing functionality in the John Deere Sales Center application Quote module. Your primary responsibility will be in the area of designing and writing back end code in support of the Quote module. In addition, you will;
· Work as an active member of the Quote Agile development team
· Participate in discussions with the team and extended functional teams to develop technical solutions to satisfy business requirements
· Participate in a variety of efforts related directly and indirectly to back-end development
· Participate in the analysis and design of solutions to improve quality and performance
· Assist with root cause analysis and resolution of production support issues
· Mentor junior developers and perform proper code reviews
Visa sponsorship is available for this position
What Skills You Need
· 2+ years of experience with Java web development with Spring and RESTful APIs
· Experience in the design, development, testing and integration of highly complex software solutions
· 2+ years of varied DB experience (e.g. DBS, SQL Server, MongoDB, Hibernate, NoSQL, MySql, DB2, SAP Hana)
· Experience with application development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
· 2+ years of work experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment
· 2+ years of experience with TDD and acceptance test-driven development utilizing J-Unit, Cucumber, Worksoft Certify, Cypress, Puppeteer Etc.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and mentor junior developers
What Makes You Stand Out
· Experience with DevOps principles and lean development such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Active Control etc.)
· Full stack experience including front end development skills in React framework
· Experience configuring and implementing system execution/quality monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Grafana, Graylog, SAP Focused Run, SonarQube, nGeniusONE etc.
· Experience in cloud development with platforms like AWS or Azure
· Knowledge of John Deere dealers quoting tools and processes
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in IT/Computer Science/Engineering
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, ERP, Software Engineer, Outside Sales, Technology, Engineering, Sales