There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - East Moline
Function: Information Technology
Title: Software Engineer - 60004
As a Software Engineer at John Deere in East Moline, IL, you will play a key role in designing, delivery, and support of the processes, integrated tools, and responsibilities for the Global Customer Suite of applications within Channel IT. In addition, you will;
· Develop, code, configure, and test programs and systems
· Evaluate and implement enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications in the Customer Suite
· Analyze assignments and determine software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives
· Execute necessary documentation, as directed or needed
· Collaborate with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs
· Follow industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation
· Collaborate with Channel's Architecture team to ensure the applications follow Enterprise standards
· Partner with the Product Managers to assess/score defect issues and prioritize the backlog
· Serve as an expert and actively share knowledge across Channel IT as well as mentoring junior team members
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· 5+ years of working experience with J2EE technologies and relevant frameworks
· 5+ years of experience with service orientated design implementations
· 5+ years of database experience; SQL, Oracle, DB2
· Experience with ETL processes
· Experience with design, development and deployment of Cloud Based applications
· Previous experience with IT security, application development, or infrastructure
· Experience with Agile development methodologies/tools and writing user stories
· Experience with complex applications requiring high performance and scalability
What Makes You Stand Out
· Experience with API design and governance
· Experience with Customer or Enterprise data
· Experience with IT support processes on a global scale
· Experience with in-memory database; Elastic Search, SOLR
· Experience with ETL processes
· Solid project management experience
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Davenport
Nearest Secondary Market: Moline
Job Segment: Software Engineer, Developer, Engineer, Database, Oracle, Engineering, Technology