There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - East Moline
Title: Software Engineer - 59122
As a Software Engineer at John Deere in East Moline, IL, you will provide application development and support to partner in the planning, delivery and/or support of business processes utilizing information technology and business practices for Channel Parts Marketing. In addition, you will;
· Lead the identification, analysis and selection of complex information technology and business practices to support the Parts Marketing suite of applications
· Design, develop, test and integrate applications of high complexity
· Lead in the implementation of information technology and business processes of
· Support, evaluate, and continuously improve information technology and business processes to maintain alignment with business plans
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· Programming skills necessary to create and maintain applications
· Applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities experience
· Business process knowledge of assigned areas or
· Database administration, database design, and performance tuning
What Makes You Stand Out
· 1+ years of experience in programming/software development
· 4+ years working with applications, data, infrastructure, or IT security
· 4+ years of information technology experience or business experience
· 4+ years of work experience in a team environment
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Davenport
Nearest Secondary Market: Moline
Job Segment: Software Engineer, Engineer, Test Engineer, Developer, Application Developer, Engineering, Technology