There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Milan
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Software Developer - 59485
As a Software Developer at the ADV Lab, for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG-Milan) , you will support the Operations Infrastructure Team to help enable ISG developers to build applications which are to be highly available and functioning for our customers. Acting as a Software Developer you will help the team in providing technical solutions that will be robust and scalable for ISG - always with a focus on up time and availability. In addition, you will:
· Develop and support high-quality John Deere software solutions to support our developers and applications
· Engage in Agile software development activities, including sprint planning, daily standups, retrospectives and hackathons
· Collaborate with team members to define product requirements and implementation
· Support a culture of software crafting best practices, including Test Automation, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
· Work with individuals on your team to follow established coding standards, workflow, or tool standards
· Pair frequently with members of the team
· Troubleshoot ISG Applications, Infrastructure, and Networks in the Cloud & on premise
· Participate in an on-call support rotation
VISA Sponsorship IS available for this position.
What Skills You Need
At this level, you should have some experience applying development practices. Here’s what that looks like:
· 2 or more years of experience creating scripts/automation to monitor and manage AWS Accounts
· 2 or more years of experience with Amazon Web Services
· 2 or more years of experience with administration or setup of HP Sitescope health checks
· 3 or more years of experience in application development or scripting; Jenkins CI/CD; Linux
· AWS Certified Developer and Solutions Architect (Associate)
· 2 or more years of experience with Elastic Search administration and usage
· 2 or more years of experience using App Dynamics to troubleshoot Java Applications
· 3 or more years of experience supporting MQ Services (IBM MQ & Active MQ)
· 3 or more years of experience in roles that required strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experience in roles that required strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
What Makes You Stand Out
Beyond just being generally awesome, other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team are listed below. In our experience, being a great developer isn’t really tied to your current technology stack, so don’t fret if these don’t line up with your exact skillset.
· Ability to review and analyze Java Core Dump Files
· 4 or more years of experience supporting ISG Applications, including the JDLINK node architecture
· 4 or more years of experience analyzing applications and identifying root cause, including on-call support 24x7 support
· Experience with IBM Web Services, Tomcat, Apache, F5 Products, NGINX, DNS, Service Now
· Experience managing an IoT Fleet in relation to firmware management
· Experience with applications development environment, database, data administration and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
· Experience with Agile development practices
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Science or Technology related discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Firmware, Application Developer, Java, Technology, Engineering