There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Moline
Function: Information Technology
Title: Software Developer - 59766
As a Software Developer , for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG-Milan) , you will join a team of passionate software developers in the development of precision agriculture software products. We operate in a collaborative, open environment focused on using Agile development techniques to autonomously deliver solutions quickly and effectively. In addition, you will:
· Develop and support high-quality John Deere software solutions for user-facing mobile/desktop responsive landing pages, websites and application features, etc.
· Engage in Agile software development activities, including sprint planning, daily standups, retrospectives and hackathons
· Collaborate with stakeholders, architects and supporting teams to define product requirements and system design
· Provide and discuss innovative technical solutions with designers and other stakeholders
· Advocate for a culture of software craftsmanship best practices, including Test Automation, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
· Work with individuals on your team to create and follow established coding standards, workflow, or tool standards
· Pair frequently with junior and senior members of the team
· Incorporate customer feedback to ensure you are producing technical solutions that meet their needs
VISA Sponsorship IS available for this position.
What Skills You Need
At this level, you should have professional experience as an outstanding individual developer applying solid development practices. Here's what that looks like:
· 5 or more years of experience in designing and developing complex enterprise Java applications
· 3 or more years of experience in building low-latency & high volume, distributed, scalable and reliable backend systems
· 2 or more years of experience in providing technical leadership to mid-size teams
· 2 or more years of experience working on projects/products being developed on AWS
· 2 or more years of experience working in relational database
· 2 or more years of experience working in Spring, Hibernate/JPA, MySql, REST Web services
· 2 or more years of experience in TDD, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and Agile methodologies
· 2 or more years of experience in roles that required strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What Makes You Stand Out
Beyond just being generally awesome, other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team are listed below. In our experience, being a great developer isn't really tied to your current technology stack, so don't fret if these don't line up with your exact skillset.
· Understanding of different components of JDLink, Operation Center, Precision Ag Technologies, Agronomic and Machine Data Domains
· Experience working with geographically distributed teams
· Experience in supporting applications on 24x7 schedule
· 2 or more years of experience in Akka framework and/or Scala
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Computer Science or Technology related discipline
Note: This position is located in the Moline, IL/Quad City Airport-ADV Lab area.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Developer, Agricultural, Agronomy, Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Agriculture, Engineering